Wi-Fi usage overseas

Scholar

Wi-Fi usage overseas

I have a friend that will be travelling overseas for 2 weeks and I am pretty sure that her wi-fi will be totally free, but wanted to make sure.  She does not want any roaming charges as she is not going to use the phone itself for calls or texts.  So if she just uses wi-fi it will not incur any charges correct???

Message 1 of 3 (3,405 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author clowry
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Wi-Fi usage overseas

Put it in airplane mode - leave it there for the duration from takeoff in the USA to touchdown in the USA.

Turn on wifi

Enjoy. No AT&T fees for wifi (if you can find free wifi - depending on where you travel that will be hit or miss)

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (3,369 Views)
Scholar

Re: Wi-Fi usage overseas

Thank you for the reply.  That is what i thought, but she wanted confirmation and i have seen that answer multiple times on here.  Thanks again!!!  Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 3 (3,349 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.