The new iPhone 15
datoad's profile

Scholar

• 

349 Messages

Friday, September 24th, 2010 10:26 PM

Why does the HDR "pop" off?

For some reason, I see that my iPhone4 is asking to turn on the HDR.  I want it kept on all the time and I have the original photo turned off in the settings.  Why does it keep on asking me to turn it on?

thanks

Accepted Solution

ACE - Master

• 

10.3K Messages

14 years ago

HDR mode only works with the flash set to "off".  Setting it to "on" or "auto" will automatically disable HDR mode.  That can't be overridden.

Scholar

• 

303 Messages

14 years ago

Turning the flash turns off HDR.

Scholar

• 

349 Messages

14 years ago

@TerriZeee wrote:

Turning the flash turns off HDR.

I keep it in auto though.

Scholar

• 

349 Messages

14 years ago

@dwill05 wrote:

HDR mode only works with the flash set to "off".  Setting it to "on" or "auto" will automatically disable HDR mode.  That can't be overridden.

Cool, thanks!

Scholar

• 

349 Messages

14 years ago

It seems that "HDR" will not be active if you take a picture while in a MMS message.  "HDR" only works when you take a picture from the actual picture icon.  Why?

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

14 years ago

All applications are the same bit. MMS, Palringo, AIM, etc. They disable HDR on the subapp and use the camera/flash instead. You have to use the camera app itself to do HDR photos then forward it into MMS.

Scholar

• 

349 Messages

14 years ago

Sad. To much work...  I thought this is why I purchased an Apple device.  I thought it was supposed to be easier then PCs.  😕

ACE - Master

• 

10.3K Messages

14 years ago

Taking a picture with the camera app, going directly to the picture you just took since it shows up in the lower left corner, and hitting the arrow to send it to someone via MMS or email is too much work?  The iPhone didn't even have HDR until a a short month ago when 4.1 was released.  Maybe it will be tweaked in a later update.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.