Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Why does my phone think i'm in another city?

Why does my phone think i'm in another city?

When ever I search for near by places I am directed to Chicago. Can I fix this. I have an iPhone 5s.

Message 1 of 26
ACE - Expert

Re: Soulition not found.

it depends on where the ip address the phone has was registered with ICANN.  

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 21 of 26
ACE - Expert

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

it depends on where the ip address the phone has was registered with ICANN.  

@Busternutt

dns servers are pain in the rear....  My home ip addy will say im in IOWA sometimes because of ICANN.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 22 of 26
Contributor

Because that is where your server is.... Means your location is either off or gps is not picking it up.

Tags (1)
Message 23 of 26
Contributor

Same issue here, exept my iPhone 6s thinks I live in Atlanta.  I live in Memphis.  To my knowledge, my phone has never even been to Atlanta.

Message 24 of 26
Contributor

You are calling this a Solution?  You don't think we have tried that?  You are nuts!  This is no solution at all. 

Message 25 of 26
Contributor

Settings

General

Reset

Reset privacy & location

Then try "whatever" near me

Follow Google prompts

Allow location

Etc etc...

Fixed my annoying is 

Message 26 of 26
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support