Helpful Links

Why does my iphone always think I'm in Chicago?

Why does my iphone always think I'm in Chicago?

When ever I search for near by places I am directed to Chicago. Can I fix this. I have an iPhone 5s.
Message 1 of 22

Accepted Solutions
ACE - Expert

Re: Soulition not found.

Try power cycling your phone, That will re-establish a connection to the system. That may help.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 8 of 22

All Replies
ACE - Expert

it depends on where the ip address the phone has was registered with ICANN.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 21 of 22
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

it depends on where the ip address the phone has was registered with ICANN.  

@Busternutt

dns servers are pain in the rear....  My home ip addy will say im in IOWA sometimes because of ICANN.

Message 22 of 22
Share this topic
Announcements

Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Additional Support