The new iPhone 15
Patrick_yant's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014 7:48 PM

Closed

Why does my phone think i'm in another city?

When ever I search for near by places I am directed to Chicago. Can I fix this. I have an iPhone 5s.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

Try power cycling your phone, That will re-establish a connection to the system. That may help.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

Do you have location services turned on? Settings - Privacy - Location Services.

Otherwise it uses wherever your internet connection comes out of.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Yea I have those settings enabled.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

No that did not fix the problem.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

No that did not fix the problem. I'm trying post a pic, but the iPhone isn't helping.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Soulition not found.

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

9 years ago

What location is shown in your Weather app?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

My iPhone 6 does the same thing! I am no where near Chicago and my location service is on and it shows where I truly am at. Whenever I do a search it brings up a Chicago zip code never fails! This has been an ongoing thing since I bought this phone. I am with AT&T GO Phone

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

The best answer I've gotten is Chicago has the biggest internet network near me. So even tho I'm a state away my searches always go to Chicago. Frustrating as it may be I haven't found an actual answer to solve the problem.

#attfixitplease

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am logging in under a Chicago IP address. I have even, at times had the address where I am "logging in" which has put me either at MY EX-HUSBAND's house or his work!? I have sent him screenshots for proof, I have cancelled accounts, cleared out my iPad & started it back at "new", called Apple, etc! Our teenager has even hacked me & I showed him & he says it WASN'T him! Lol. I feel like my next option is to get rid of my apple devices altogether (6 years of this) is truly enough! But if anyone can help me? I have even told the Ex (he lives in Chicago & me & our son live in MO) that this is illegal & he needs to STOP! One morning @5a.m. I got on my iPad to send an email, the email addresses I was pulling up were all from THE EX's coworkers!! Again! "It wasn't ME!" Haaa! Umm so I do know it's him but WHAT do I do!?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.