Helpful Links

Why does my iphone always think I'm in Chicago?

Highlighted

Why does my iphone always think I'm in Chicago?

When ever I search for near by places I am directed to Chicago. Can I fix this. I have an iPhone 5s.
Message 1 of 22
ACE - Expert

Re: Why does my iphone always think I'm in Chicago?

Do you have location services turned on? Settings - Privacy - Location Services.

Otherwise it uses wherever your internet connection comes out of.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 22

Yea I have those settings enabled.

Yea I have those settings enabled.
Message 3 of 22

No that did not fix the problem.

No that did not fix the problem.
Message 4 of 22

No that did not fix the problem. I'm trying post a pic, b...

No that did not fix the problem. I'm trying post a pic, but the iPhone isn't helping.
Message 5 of 22

Soulition not found.

Soulition not found.
Message 6 of 22
ACE - Professor

Re: Why does my iphone always think I'm in Chicago?

What location is shown in your Weather app?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 22
ACE - Expert

Re: Soulition not found.

Try power cycling your phone, That will re-establish a connection to the system. That may help.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Tags (1)
Message 8 of 22
Tutor

My iPhone 6 does the same thing! I am no where near Chicago and my location service is on and it shows where I truly am at. Whenever I do a search it brings up a Chicago zip code never fails! This has been an ongoing thing since I bought this phone. I am with AT&T GO Phone
Message 9 of 22

The best answer I've gotten is Chicago has the biggest internet network near me. So even tho I'm a state away my searches always go to Chicago. Frustrating as it may be I haven't found an actual answer to solve the problem.

#attfixitplease
Message 10 of 22
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support