Why does my iphone always think I'm in Chicago?

Highlighted

Why does my iphone always think I'm in Chicago?

When ever I search for near by places I am directed to Chicago. Can I fix this. I have an iPhone 5s.
Message 1 of 22
ACE - Expert

Re: Why does my iphone always think I'm in Chicago?

Do you have location services turned on? Settings - Privacy - Location Services.

Otherwise it uses wherever your internet connection comes out of.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 22

Yea I have those settings enabled.

Yea I have those settings enabled.
Message 3 of 22

No that did not fix the problem.

No that did not fix the problem.
Message 4 of 22

No that did not fix the problem. I'm trying post a pic, b...

No that did not fix the problem. I'm trying post a pic, but the iPhone isn't helping.
Message 5 of 22

Soulition not found.

Soulition not found.
Message 6 of 22
ACE - Professor

Re: Why does my iphone always think I'm in Chicago?

What location is shown in your Weather app?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 22
ACE - Expert

Re: Soulition not found.

Try power cycling your phone, That will re-establish a connection to the system. That may help.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Tags (1)
Message 8 of 22
Tutor

My iPhone 6 does the same thing! I am no where near Chicago and my location service is on and it shows where I truly am at. Whenever I do a search it brings up a Chicago zip code never fails! This has been an ongoing thing since I bought this phone. I am with AT&T GO Phone
Message 9 of 22

The best answer I've gotten is Chicago has the biggest internet network near me. So even tho I'm a state away my searches always go to Chicago. Frustrating as it may be I haven't found an actual answer to solve the problem.

#attfixitplease
Message 10 of 22
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support