The new iPhone 15
lordodogg's profile

Scholar

• 

198 Messages

Thursday, November 23rd, 2017 11:21 PM

Why does my iPhone lag at 1%.

I know a lot of my posts are focused on DIRECTV. But this is now focused on Wireless phones. Recently I’ve found out when my iPhone was at one percent battery, the phone freezes and lags. Why does this happen in iPhones,

P.S. I already know a reminiscence of this was on Quora, but I’ve wanted to learn more about this so I asked this question to the community.

P.P.S. The iPhone type is SE.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

With battery on 1% it shouldn’t run video at all.  Kind of like asking a starving man to run a marathon.

Scholar

• 

198 Messages

6 years ago

What do you mean (sorry if I posted the question in the wrong category).

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

6 years ago

@lordodogg: Most likely at 1% battery power, not enough juice to handle making calls, etc.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@lordodogg wrote:

I know a lot of my posts are focused on DIRECTV. But this is now focused on Wireless phones. Recently I’ve found out when my iPhone was at one percent battery, the phone freezes and lags. Why does this happen in iPhones,

I feel like I'm missing something in the question here.

It's like I'm reading "why does my flashlight get dim when the battery is at 1%?", when the answer is "because the battery is at 1%"....

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

Lol.   No matter how we answer it we come off “fresh”.  

Scholar

• 

198 Messages

6 years ago

The flashlight brightness can be adjusted, not to be dimmed when the battery is at 1% This can be done by pressing and holding on the flashlight icon in control center. Here what it looks like.

7A97650C-43C6-487B-8EDE-38D9BF565C54.png

Flashlight adjustment controller.

1 Attachment

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@lordodogg  I think you’re missing the point.    Does your car run well with only a teaspoon of gas left?  No.  

Dude, you got no juice.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@lordodogg wrote:

The flashlight brightness can be adjusted, not to be dimmed when the battery is at 1% This can be done by pressing and holding on the flashlight icon in control center. Here what it looks like.

I didn't say FlashLight APP, I said "flashlight".  

If you let your batter get to 1%, your device (whatever it is) isn't going to run very well or very long.

Regardless, as we can't help with your "technical" issue, you might need to be take it up with Apple, you can can make an appointment at a Genius Bar at Apple and they might (or might not) have better insight than we do...

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

6 years ago

@Gary L wrote:

@lordodogg wrote:

I didn't say FlashLight APP, I said "flashlight".  

If you let your batter get to 1%, your device (whatever it is) isn't going to run very well or very long.

Regardless, as we can't help with your "technical" issue, you might need to be take it up with Apple, you can can make an appointment at a Genius Bar at Apple and they might (or might not) have better insight than we do...

@lordodogg: Why don’t you charge your iphone to 100%, and do not run down phone battery to practically dead. Eventually you will kill the battery, and would need to have it replaced.🙄

Scholar

• 

198 Messages

6 years ago

What do you mean by “kill the battery, and would need to have it replaced”?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.