The new iPhone 15
petey123's profile

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

Friday, September 9th, 2016 5:20 PM

Closed

What's the best IPhone 7 deal out there? (Free iPhone 7 with Trade-In)

A couple of years ago when the IPhone 6 came out, a lot of vendors were offering perks for getting the IPhone with AT&T through them. Even AT&T was offereing kickbacks per each line signed on. Now I don't see much if anything. It seems if I get a phone through the Next plan the monthly installment is the same and it wouldn't matter if I ordered it from AT&T or Best Buy or Costco. Has anyone seen anything from a particular source that might be worthwhile purchasing a phone from?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Why are new customers the only ones who are able to benefit from receiving $650 worth of credits and basically getting a free iPhone 7? Why aren't existing customers able to benefit? What's keeping me from switching to T-Mobile, Verizon or Sprint? I've been a loyal AT&T customer for years, but this is a slap in the face.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

They get up to $650 in credits to pay off their early termination fees from their previous provider. They don't receive an automatic $650 credit.

It is a way to generate new customers. Only NEW lines get the phone credit. If you want to add a line, you can get the credits for the phone.

And the credits take several billing cycles, so you have to pay the previous providers termination fees out of your pocket until you receive the money for the termination fees. Most people don't realize that and then the previous provider sends a collection agent after them for the fees.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@RLM2016 wrote:

Why are new customers the only ones who are able to benefit from receiving $650 worth of credits and basically getting a free iPhone 7? Why aren't existing customers able to benefit? What's keeping me from switching to T-Mobile, Verizon or Sprint? I've been a loyal AT&T customer for years, but this is a slap in the face.

@RLM2016

you might want to read those switch offers a little closer.  Nothing is free...

swtm.PNGTMobile offerswvr.PNGVerizon offer

2 Attachments

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

8 years ago

Apple sets the price, and that limits what the stores can do.  Stores can offer you incentives to buy from them, but it would likely be extras like discounted or free accessories, their own warranty programs, etc.  Since the iPhone is in such high demand right now, I wouldn't expect too many stores to offer much to get you to buy from them.

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks for the reply, that's helpful. Nothing like a monopoly. 🙂 I am an Android person myself but my kids and wife are IPhone fans.. 🙂

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

So my last payment for my iPhone 6 is on September 24. I heard that ATT is doing a trade in where if you trade your iPhone 6 you can receive an iPhone 7 for free. Is the trade only for the iPhone 7 or is it also for the iPhone 7 Plus?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

Here is the full offer details

image.png

1 Attachment

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

i would like to upgrade my iPhone 6 to the iPhone 7. My phone has a scratch on the screen, not a crack. But a scratch. Can I still exchange it?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

The information indicates good condition, so it may not be eligible.

image.png

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.