The new iPhone 15
KateEd27's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, February 21st, 2017 12:29 PM

Weird message on phone: "your apple id and phone number are now being used for imessage and on a new iphone"

Quick question. My boyfriend received this message on his phone this morning. "your apple id and phone number are now being used for imessage and on a new iphone"

He doesn't have a new phone or any new devices. Also, he doesn't really use his iCloud account either. What does this mean?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

691 Messages

7 years ago

From any of his devices he can change his password or he can go to www.icloud.com and change it directly there (will just have to login again from each device). 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Just what it says. I get a similar message anytime I set up an iOS device. It is not necessarily a new iPhone, though. I've had to adjust iCloud settings on existing iPhones and have gotten that message.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

He doesn't really use his iCloud and hasn't made any adjustments. He didn't even remember his password for his account at first. It's out of the blue for him to receive this message. Did someone else gain access?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

That is very possible. He may wish to change his iCloud password.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Should he contact apple about the issue after changing his password?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Not sure what good that would do, don't know what if anything they would do. He should be able to see all the devices registered to his Apple ID to see if there are devices he does not recognize.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.