Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Voicemail transcription / visual voicemail not working / iOS 10 / iphone 6...

Mentor

Voicemail transcription / visual voicemail not working / iOS 10 / iphone 6...

Visual voicemail aka voicemail transcription isn't working on my brothers iphone 6 on ios10. Any idea how to get it to work? Is there an ATT setting under My Account to turn on visual voicemail?

Ive only tried Resettting Network settings on the iphone so far.

Message 1 of 38
ACE - Expert

Re: Voicemail transcription / visual voicemail not working / iOS 10 / iphone 6...

@Perseph wrote:

I had it on my SE then it stopped. I want a list of voicemails like normal. What do I do?

What did AT&T say when you called to say that your Visual VoiceMail isn't working?

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 31 of 38
Contributor

Re: Voicemail transcription / visual voicemail not working / iOS 10 / iphone 6...

I had British English and a female British accent set for Siri and wasn’t getting transcriptions. Changed to bog standard US English and American female accent waited for the pack to download (a minute on LTE – ATT!) then hard booted (iPhone X: quick tap of volume up, volume down and then hold the power button until the Apple symbol appears and then disappears), waited thirty seconds and turned it back on. Previous VMs weren’t transcribed but a new one was.  Bingo. Now, I’ll try revering to my previous settings and see. 

Message 32 of 38
Contributor

Nope. That’s not the answer. I posted later the resolution. Set Siri to US settings. 

Message 33 of 38
Contributor

Mine still does not work. Last I heard was Iphone6 PLUS does not offer this capability. Am I correct?

Message 34 of 38
ACE - Expert

@darcy1 wrote:

Mine still does not work. Last I heard was Iphone6 PLUS does not offer this capability. Am I correct?

Not sure which phones have the ability, but it's still BETA, I've seen people with more recent phones complain.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 35 of 38
Scholar

Not solved on my MOto Z Play.  AT&T says Visual Voicemail does not work on unlocked phones, so they supposedly turned it off.  I have no voicemail notifications at all.  This is NOT acceptable.

Message 36 of 38
ACE - Professor

@darcy1  Has to be IPhone 6s or above per link below from ATT. Had a 6 and did not have this capability. My Xs has  this capability. 

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1009172?gsi=z7XX

Message 37 of 38
Contributor

I want transcriptions gone from my phone and there's no option to turn it off.  I switched my iPhone 10s to Siri's British English and that didn't work.  I spent almost an hour on the phone with Apple techs and, finally, my case was upgraded.  The gentleman with whom I spoke to me to turn the "Hey Siri" feature off or turn Siri off completely.  The first option didn't work and neither did the second.  Frustrating!

Message 38 of 38
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support