The new iPhone 15
Adammusic's profile

Mentor

• 

56 Messages

Wednesday, September 14th, 2016 5:34 AM

Voicemail transcription / visual voicemail not working / iOS 10 / iphone 6...

Visual voicemail aka voicemail transcription isn't working on my brothers iphone 6 on ios10. Any idea how to get it to work? Is there an ATT setting under My Account to turn on visual voicemail?

Ive only tried Resettting Network settings on the iphone so far.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I had British English and a female British accent set for Siri and wasn’t getting transcriptions. Changed to bog standard US English and American female accent waited for the pack to download (a minute on LTE – ATT!) then hard booted (iPhone X: quick tap of volume up, volume down and then hold the power button until the Apple symbol appears and then disappears), waited thirty seconds and turned it back on. Previous VMs weren’t transcribed but a new one was.  Bingo. Now, I’ll try revering to my previous settings and see. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Nope. That’s not the answer. I posted later the resolution. Set Siri to US settings. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Mine still does not work. Last I heard was Iphone6 PLUS does not offer this capability. Am I correct?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@darcy1 wrote:

Mine still does not work. Last I heard was Iphone6 PLUS does not offer this capability. Am I correct?

Not sure which phones have the ability, but it's still BETA, I've seen people with more recent phones complain.

Scholar

• 

419 Messages

5 years ago

Not solved on my MOto Z Play.  AT&T says Visual Voicemail does not work on unlocked phones, so they supposedly turned it off.  I have no voicemail notifications at all.  This is NOT acceptable.

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

5 years ago

@darcy1  Has to be IPhone 6s or above per link below from ATT. Had a 6 and did not have this capability. My Xs has  this capability. 

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1009172?gsi=z7XX

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I want transcriptions gone from my phone and there's no option to turn it off.  I switched my iPhone 10s to Siri's British English and that didn't work.  I spent almost an hour on the phone with Apple techs and, finally, my case was upgraded.  The gentleman with whom I spoke to me to turn the "Hey Siri" feature off or turn Siri off completely.  The first option didn't work and neither did the second.  Frustrating!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.