10-21-2019 6:16 AM
My iPhone 8 recently updated to iOS 13, and somehow folks that call me now hear the "I'm sorry, but the person you called has a voicemail box that has not been set up yet." However, if I go to visual voicemail or hold 1 to dial my voicemail, both act as if they are still set up. I was due for an upgrade, and the issue has seems to have carried over to my iPhone 11. Any ideas?
Solved by: Go to Solution.
10-22-2019 5:10 PM
Thanks for reaching out to us. A recent software update to some devices may be affecting your voicemail. We are working with the device manufacturer to issue a patch to resolve this. We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
Sean, AT&T Community Specialist
10-23-2019 11:07 AM
1. Any word on software update to repair voicemail issues?
2. Will ATT customers be credited on their bill for the failure?
10-23-2019 11:33 AM
Typical ATT...no reply about fixing it. Their supposed "ProTech" support isn't aware of the issue. We have 4 phones, all have nothing at VisualVoicemail and no notification icon that shows a voicemail was left. Absolutely ridiculous.
10-23-2019 1:07 PM
Having the same problem. Didn’t realize I had 10 (TEN) unheard voicemail messages bc I had no idea there was a problem till I discovered it this morning. Patch now please.
10-23-2019 1:20 PM
1. Any word on software update to repair voicemail issues? There are multiple reports of voicemail not working. My iPhone XR is not having any problem either before or after updating to iOS 13. I seriously doubt iOS is the problem since many android users are also reporting voicemail problems.
2. Will ATT customers be credited on their bill for the failure? Very unlikely and definitely not without calling and asking for a credit. Voicemail is considered a free feature, so I doubt they issue credit. If they do, it won’t be much.
- edited 10-23-2019 8:11 PM
I thought I had all of my iPhone’s Auto Update turned off after seeing how bad iOS13 was prior to it’s release. Seeing the beta 13.1 was a week behind was an obvious indication of this. Well, my wife’s XR updated to 13.1.2 and now her Visual Voicemail won’t work. All of our devices on 12.4.1 are just fine. I just updated her phone to 13.1.3 and still no VV. So now do we wait for the upcoming 13.2 or does AT&T finally have a resolution for this?
BTW, all of the functions on this phone were working fine prior to this update. So I am pretty sure it’s due to the new iOS update.
10-23-2019 9:50 PM
My iphone 6 voicemail is NOT working. I have called, tried all the troubleshooting, and nothing is helping. I am still 12.4.2 and my phone says it is up to date. Please help!
10-24-2019 6:10 AM
@ajechase74 Voicemail on my XR is working fine. It was fine on 13.1.2 and just updated to 13.1.3 last night and still no problem. As I noted above, there are multiple reports of voicemail problems from android users too. I do not believe iOS 13 is the cause. Note the post after yours is not on iOS 13.
10-24-2019 7:57 AM
Multiple problems with update. I suspect it is the update, because my problems started IMMEDIATELY after I did it. Along with voicemail suddenly disappearing, my email is acting strange,. not displaying then appearing when I scroll up and down, and when they are there, they "jiggle" as you scroll up and down.