Voicemail Password Prompt

Professor

Voicemail Password Prompt

I get the voicemail password prompt every time I unlock the phone.  This has been happening for about two weeks now.  I think that that is also the time that I updated to 4.2.  What is causing this and how can I make the prompt stop appearing?

Message 1 of 5
Professor

Re: Voicemail Password Prompt

Enter the correct password for your voicemail and it will stop.

If you do not know, or do not remember the password, you can call 611 from your phone and have them reset it.

Message 2 of 5
ACE - Professor

some small number of people had this bug (I had it on two out of three iP4s) when upgrading to 4.2.1

Either call into 611 or go to mywireless and from there you can reset your voicemail password, it talkes about 10 seconds and is well worth it.

http://www.wireless.att.com/answer-center/main.jsp?t=solutionTab&solutionId=KB63158

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5
Professor

Thanks Satchev and John!  I took your suggestions and it worked.

Message 4 of 5
Scholar

That just happened to me today, my work called my cell phone, and  I did not know I had a voicemail on my phone since it did not say I had a new voicemail at all.  I saw the phone was asking for VM password  and I enter my voicemail password, and then my voicemail messages apperead. it is fine now.

My work needed me to work today.

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support