For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
davki's profile

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, September 18th, 2010 11:18 PM

Voice Control

Hi, I just got the Iphone 4 and was checking the voice control. I had no trouble starting it, but am not sure, do you have to hit and hold the button before each command, or does it stay in that mode? Thanks for your help, and sorry if this has been answered a thousand times. Dave

Accepted Solution

Scholar

• 

118 Messages

14 years ago

@davki wrote:

Hi, I just got the Iphone 4 and was checking the voice control. I had no trouble starting it, but am not sure, do you have to hit and hold the button before each command, or does it stay in that mode? Thanks for your help, and sorry if this has been answered a thousand times. Dave

It does not stay in that mode, once it accepts a valid command then it drops out of voice control until you activate it again. So just one command for each activation of that feature. Smiley Happy

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

14 years ago

Thanks so much for your answer. At least it's easy to activate. Have a good evening. Thanks again. Dave

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

14 years ago

The Apple Voice Control allows one command action at a time (3GS,i4, and 3rd/4th iPod Touches I believe). To activate when you want to say something, hold the home button until you hear a chime. Then state the command either in a long sentence or pick a few keywords. Then repeat the VC holding home on the next command.

There are alternate voice controls but most of them are one command action at a time as well. Vlingo, Siri and a few others host call/email/text/facebook. There are a few VC apps that are always on such as Text N' Drive.

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

14 years ago

Good evening,

Just wanted to say thanks for your response to my question. It may have been more convenient to have it stay in Voice command, but pushing a button isn't so hard! Smiley Wink Have a good night, and please take care. Thanks again. Dave

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.