Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Visual Voicemail Issues in iOS 11

Tutor

Visual Voicemail Issues in iOS 11

The "visual" part of Visual Voicemail is no longer functioning. I get a screen with a text box "Call Voicemail" which calls and requires me to enter my password. How do I get this function working properly?

Message 6 of 77
Contributor

iOS 11 iPhone 7 Plus Voicemail Transcription not working after update to iOS 11

iOS 11 iPhone 7 Plus Voicemail Transcription not working after update to iOS 11

Message 1 of 77
ACE - Expert

Re: iOS 11 iPhone 7 Plus Voicemail Transcription not working after update to iOS 11

If you are just letting everyone know, great. If you are asking what to do about it, probably best to ask Apple.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 77
Contributor

Re: iOS 11 iPhone 7 Plus Voicemail Transcription not working after update to iOS 11

On other forums, this feature is tied to Voicemail and therefore a carrier issue may be the problem or part of the problem.

Previous fixes certified on your site indicate the problem was resolved by a carrier software update.

I have also posted on an Apple forum.

Thank you for any help you can give.
Message 3 of 77
Contributor

Voicemail set up ios11

Can not set up voicemail on IPhone 8 plus with IOS 11. Have reset and powered off with no change. Go to voicemail and just has “Call Voicemail” then call it and eventually enter mailbox number. No number works. How do I set up voicemail?
Message 4 of 77
Contributor

Re: Voicemail set up ios11

Me neither. Can't seem to find a solution either.

Message 5 of 77
Contributor

Re: Visual Voicemail Issues in iOS 11

Mine was gone too. I tried other recommended fixes. What worked was calling my phone number. Took me straight to voicemail, listened to the messages (okay I didn't even listen to it...LOL) , hung up, and my VVM and all messages were back.

Message 7 of 77
Tutor

Thanks for letting me know that I am not the only one experiencing this
issue. I went through the same procedure as you did and VVM returned in
full.
Message 8 of 77
Contributor

When you called your cell number, what password did you put in?

Message 9 of 77
Tutor

The one I use to unlock my phone.
Message 10 of 77
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support