The new iPhone 15
Willaguna's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 11:31 PM

Visual Voicemail Issues in iOS 11

The "visual" part of Visual Voicemail is no longer functioning. I get a screen with a text box "Call Voicemail" which calls and requires me to enter my password. How do I get this function working properly?

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

Same thing for me. I have tried every single thing I have found and it is still not working right. AT&T tells me it is Apple, Apple tells me it is AT&T.   My carrier setting is showing as ATT 29.0.1.  I never got a notification after the iOS 11, 11.0.1 or 1.0.2 updates for a carrier settings update.  Seems as though I usually get one after doing a major iOS update, but did not this time.  I have an iPhone 7+.  I really used that feature and miss it  a lot.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

This did not work on my iPhone, any other suggestions are appreciated.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

No resolution here either.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I kicked AT&T to the curb on Tuesday and switched to MetroPCS. Magically, visual voicemail (with transcription too) is back. And data speeds are insane fast. And I get 10 gigs of hotspot data for $1.50 more a month than I was paying AT&T.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I did two of the bulleted recommended options above. Enable/disable airplane mode and activate Siri/reset phone.  Not sure which one or which combination worked but I now see my visual voicemails after Turning on Siri and re-setting the phone. I have an iPhone 6s+. Thank you. I am very glad because I use this feature routinely and love it. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have tried every single recommendation with no success.  Is there a way to uninstall the latest update?  I have an iPhone 7 and do not have a prompt that says "manage storage".  Good grief. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I switched to MetroPCS after no success with getting visual voicemail back with AT&T. It works perfect on iPhone 7 with Metro.

It’s not iOS, it’s AT&T’s inability to accept responsibility and fix the problem on their end.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Mine just randomly started working - not after an update, and well after I just gave up on getting a fix. A few days after I gave up following up on it, I rebooted my phone for some other reason and I had a voicemail notification when it came back on.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I called 611 and att was able to fix the problem—this was after the att store said they couldn’t help me because I wasn’t the owner of the account. Thank goodness I was the only one in the store. I gave all the information I gave the guy in the store over the phone and they were able to do the work without the owner of the account. It was a pain. If you have to call, it helps to have another line that they can call you back on while they work on your phone. I hung up once to reboot and had to call them back and wait through the prompts. It took more to drive to the store and home again and wait for the prompts twice than it did to fix the problem.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

seems like there might be a compound problem of network access providers/carriers not being entirely compatible with apple OS, making solutions complex.  Anyone else seeing 'fixes' on iphone 7 for lost messages revert to old fail mode after a few hours?  Could it be due to intermittent call setup incompatibilities that carriers and apple aren't fixing, thereby returning the failures after 'fixes' that become unfixed?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.