For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Willaguna's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 11:31 PM

Visual Voicemail Issues in iOS 11

The "visual" part of Visual Voicemail is no longer functioning. I get a screen with a text box "Call Voicemail" which calls and requires me to enter my password. How do I get this function working properly?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

My VVM has been gone since Wednesday. Tried everything in the book and nothing restores VVM. ATT is of no help when I call. My iPhone is less than two weeks old. It’s getting returned on Wednesday. I’ll switch to Android if Apple can’t get their act together and fix this IOS 11 disaster. Had no problems on my iPhone 6.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Me too!  Did anyone find an answer?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

No, it is not working even after doing everything what AT&T and Apple told me to do.  Reset network settings or call my mobile number and leave voice message, etc.  Apples says it is AT&T problem and AT&T says it is Apple problem.  Classic example of finger pointing....

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Did that work?  I tried that and it said it was the wrong password. I tried calling the phone, and it went to VM, but then asked for the password.

i had no new missed calls but had 10 VMs when the update finished.

yes, very frustrating!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

same here. frustrating.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Updated to iOS 11. It won’t take my password for voicemail. What do I do?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I tried resetting my VM password in Settings, but after I input it a second time, the screen just says "Saving Password."  But apparently never does. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Okay, I dialed 611 for ATT and was able to reset my password using the automated system.  They texted me a temp password, which somehow brought my visual voicemail back.   I called my voicemail by holding down 1 on the phone, and then went through the prompts to setup my voicemail (apparently my greeting was erased).  I was also able to turn off the password for voicemail in the administrative options.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I'm having the same issue. Nothing has worked and they've reset my voicemail box several times. My phone keeps dropping the connection to my account also - I try to dial out and get a recorded message that says the call I'm trying to make isn't allowed. So I power down, power up and that part works again, but no visual voicemail or any kind of voicemail alert. I don't even care that much about voicemail, but it's maddening that it's a brand new, expensive phone and there's no solution.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

So I went to my local AT&T store today and they switched out my SIM card. Nope, that didn’t fix my visual voicemail problem. So far going on a week without this feature and it’s annoying. I have tried every trick I can google and nothing works. Tomorrow I’m off work so I’ll be leaving AT&T, probably for TMobile. I’m not getting what I’ve been paying for with AT&T so time to move on to a less expensive carrier. AT&T tech support was not able to fix my issue.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.