The new iPhone 15
Splendid's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, August 1st, 2015 11:58 PM

Videos on iPhone

bought an iPhone 6 plus, largely for the photo and video use. Now videos are the size of a postage stamp on the screen when sent and received.
I read that the network is shrinking them .
I try saving and then viewing them and then the quality is worse than my old flip phones camera.
How can this be corrected? And if not; how can the network be forced to give back the use of our phone cameras?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

9 years ago

The problem is how you are sending and receiving.
If you are using MMS, yes, they are compressed. You can't send large files via MMS.
Send a receive home movie clips via Dropbox link using email. You can create a shared Dropbox for use with family.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I'm not very technical with this but I still don't understand why the change. iPhone didn't have this issue with videos until the other day. I hadn't changed any settings. Videos are about 30 seconds to 40 seconds. Just small clips.
But then today I got a video that was longer, and it viewed perfectly.
In response to using email, yes I have tried that, but it is even more limited on video length, and the smaller view remained.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

9 years ago

I suspect it's limitation from ATT, not the phone, limiting the size of MMS messages.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.