Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 1, 2011
11:30:40 AM
View profile
Using iPhone in India.....!!

I have an at&t iPhone , and I will be traveling to India next month. Just wanted to ask that if I unlock my iPhone in India to use it there with local carriers ,  Will I be able to use it with at&t again when I come back to US after 2 months..... ??? I want to avoid international and roaming charges of at&t as that will be very expensive ..!!!

I have an at&t iPhone , and I will be traveling to India next month. Just wanted to ask that if I unlock my iPhone in India to use it there with local carriers ,  Will I be able to use it with at&t again when I come back to US after 2 months..... ??? I want to avoid international and roaming charges of at&t as that will be very expensive ..!!!

Accepted Solution

Using iPhone in India.....!!

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2011 12:05:34 PM
(0)
Professor

AT&T will not unlock iPhones for any reason.

If you choose to find unoffical methods to unlock the device, that is your choice, but AT&T nor Apple will support the device or any problems encountered as a result.

AT&T will not unlock iPhones for any reason.

If you choose to find unoffical methods to unlock the device, that is your choice, but AT&T nor Apple will support the device or any problems encountered as a result.

Re: Using iPhone in India.....!!

2 of 3 (2,838 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 1, 2011 4:35:46 PM
(0)
Professor
If you unlock the phone on your own, you should be able to use it anywhere with the right SIM, including AT&T when you get back.
If you unlock the phone on your own, you should be able to use it anywhere with the right SIM, including AT&T when you get back.

Re: Using iPhone in India.....!!

3 of 3 (2,814 Views)
Solution
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments