Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Using a Verizon iPhone on my att plan

Contributor

Using a Verizon iPhone on my att plan

My friend gave me an iPhone with that she used with Verizon. Can I switch my old I phone out and use hers on my current AT&T plan? I went to att store and he told me no. I feel he wasn't selling me any products and didn't want the bother...rather move on to a purchasing customer!

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Expert

Re: Using a Verizon iPhone on my att plan

Depends on what model iPhone.  Easy way to find out, put your SIM card in the phone and see if it works.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
ACE - Expert

@Fliphone wrote:

My friend gave me an iPhone with that she used with Verizon. Can I switch my old I phone out and use hers on my current AT&T plan? I went to att store and he told me no. I feel he wasn't selling me any products and didn't want the bother...rather move on to a purchasing customer!

Which model iPhone? They've been making them for 10 years so there are quite a few out there...

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 8
ACE - Sage

iPhone 5s or newer will work great and is unlocked (or should be).  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 4 of 8
Contributor

It's a 4s iphone

Message 5 of 8

Double check running the IMEI number to make sure it's compatible with AT&T's network:

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/byop.html

Message 6 of 8
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by Gary L
‎02-16-2017 7:22 AM

@Fliphone wrote:

It's a 4s iphone

The Verizon iPhone 4s will NOT work on ATT, or any other carrier.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Tags (1)
Message 7 of 8
Contributor

I have a Verizon 5s switched over to Red Rocket ATT and it only receives in a few places in town. ATT map shows 4g service everywhere I travel plus home, but phone says no service! Is this a phone problem or is the ATT map deceptive in showing actual service areas? Was thinking about switching to ATT but now not sure if there is little or no service?

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support