Used Verizon iPhone to AT&T

Contributor

Used Verizon iPhone to AT&T

Hey all,

 

Just bought a used iPhone 4 off of craigslist.

After the deal was made, I realized she sold me a Verizon iPhone 4.

She restored the phone so it has nothing on it.

 

Do I just transfer my iphone 3gs SIM card to the new Verizon iPhone?

Yes, I am an AT&T customer with my contract being over/complete.

Would my data and minutes etc carry to the iPhone 4?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5 (5,593 Views)
Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author H2o91
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Used Verizon iPhone to AT&T

[ Edited ]

H2o91 wrote:

Hey all,

 

Just bought a used iPhone 4 off of craigslist.

After the deal was made, I realized she sold me a Verizon iPhone 4.

She restored the phone so it has nothing on it.

 

Do I just transfer my iphone 3gs SIM card to the new Verizon iPhone?

Yes, I am an AT&T customer with my contract being over/complete.

Would my data and minutes etc carry to the iPhone 4?

Thanks!


verizon utilizes CDMA, ATT is GSM, can't remember if the verizon 4 was a world phone with a sim slot but the problem is verizon would have to unlock it, if I recall the policy for any iphone prior to the 5, verizon only unlocks for international use on the sim card, You need to contact verizon and talk to them

Message 2 of 5 (5,574 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Used Verizon iPhone to AT&T


wingrider01 wrote:

H2o91 wrote:

Hey all,

 

Just bought a used iPhone 4 off of craigslist.

After the deal was made, I realized she sold me a Verizon iPhone 4.

She restored the phone so it has nothing on it.

 

Do I just transfer my iphone 3gs SIM card to the new Verizon iPhone?

Yes, I am an AT&T customer with my contract being over/complete.

Would my data and minutes etc carry to the iPhone 4?

Thanks!


verizon utilizes CDMA, ATT is GSM, can't remember if the verizon 4 was a world phone with a sim slot but the problem is verizon would have to unlock it, if I recall the policy for any iphone prior to the 5, verizon only unlocks for international use on the sim card, You need to contact verizon and talk to them


I'm pretty sure the Verizon iPhone 4 is CDMA only and has no GSM radio and obviously, no sim slot. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5 (5,565 Views)
Expert

Re: Used Verizon iPhone to AT&T


sandblaster wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

H2o91 wrote:

Hey all,

 

Just bought a used iPhone 4 off of craigslist.

After the deal was made, I realized she sold me a Verizon iPhone 4.

She restored the phone so it has nothing on it.

 

Do I just transfer my iphone 3gs SIM card to the new Verizon iPhone?

Yes, I am an AT&T customer with my contract being over/complete.

Would my data and minutes etc carry to the iPhone 4?

Thanks!


verizon utilizes CDMA, ATT is GSM, can't remember if the verizon 4 was a world phone with a sim slot but the problem is verizon would have to unlock it, if I recall the policy for any iphone prior to the 5, verizon only unlocks for international use on the sim card, You need to contact verizon and talk to them


I'm pretty sure the Verizon iPhone 4 is CDMA only and has no GSM radio and obviously, no sim slot. 


wasn't sure, my vorizon corporate is a 4S

Message 4 of 5 (5,562 Views)
Contributor

Re: Used Verizon iPhone to AT&T

Great, now I have no choice but to resell...

 

Thanks for the help!

Message 5 of 5 (5,528 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support