The new iPhone 15
CameronKincaid's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, September 21st, 2016 11:57 PM

Upgrading

I have an iPhone 5s right now. My upgrade is on October 19th of this year. I have the AT&T next plan. I want to get the iPhone 7. Is there any way I can do a one year contract with the iPhone 7? And if not, is there a payment fee if I pay off the iPhone 7 before my 2 year contract is over with? Please get back to me, thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

No contracts at all. You must do AT&T Next. 2-year contracts were eliminated in January of this year. There is no fee to pay off a phone early. If you get an iPhone 7 on Next you may pay it off at any time.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

7 years ago

Do keep in mind that the NEXT system really only wants you to make payments in one of 4 ways.  Normal monthly payments until you pay off, then it's yours to do with as you want. Normal monthly payments until you reach the trade-in point, then you trade it in and get a new phone.  Normal monthly payments and then when you want you pay off the full remaining balance and the phone is yours to do with as you please.  Normal monthly payments and then you do a pay-to-upgrade where yu pay the difference to get your phone to the upgrade point, then you trade it in.  They don't really have a way for you to make extra payments throughout the life of the NEXT agreement.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Be careful with the Next plan.....you have to rely on the mysterious "intake" department to decide what your phone is worth. Even if you send in a perfect phone they will claim it is damage in order to charge the full amount to your account. They did this to me and won't return my phone and refuse to explain what exactly was damaged about my phone. My recommendation would be to get a new cell phone provider. That is exactly what I am going to do after this ordeal.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.