For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
whitenerj's profile

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

Friday, January 2nd, 2015 1:33 AM

Upgrading on Next program to Iphone 6

I just upgraded from my iPhone 5 on the next program to an iPhone 6. It asked a bunch of questions about the iPhone 5's condition, including activation lock. My phone still uses find my iPhone and I can't disable that and use my iPhone at the same time. The only way to get the new iPhone 6 was to select Yes stating my phones activation lock was disabled, even though it isn't. Why would they want you to deactive the current iPhone to get a new iphone before you even get the new one? I should be able to just disable it when I get the new phone right?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

9 years ago

@whitenerj wrote:
I just upgraded from my iPhone 5 on the next program to an iPhone 6. It asked a bunch of questions about the iPhone 5's condition, including activation lock. My phone still uses find my iPhone and I can't disable that and use my iPhone at the same time. The only way to get the new iPhone 6 was to select Yes stating my phones activation lock was disabled, even though it isn't. Why would they want you to deactive the current iPhone to get a new iphone before you even get the new one? I should be able to just disable it when I get the new phone right?

If you're going through the trade-in/upgrade process on line, they make you disable Find My iPhone on the phone before you go through the process to make sure that you can.  Once you order, you can re-enable it again if you like, but do be aware that if you don't disable it before you return the device you will be charged the remaining balance on the previous NEXT program because you are not returning the phone in a good/working condition.  As long as you leave Find My iPHone enabled, only you can re-activate teh phone later, but if you fully disable it, then anyone can re-activate the phone later.  It's a measure they take to make sure that you can disable the feature so that you don't get a surprise later when you can't disable it, and you have to in order to send your old phone back...

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

9 years ago

I think the form is for the trade in. You don't disable find my iPhone until you are ready to ship the phone in for trade in.

FYI the trade in value may be less than the $200 you would like. If you can sell the phone for a decent price I recommend trying it. If you scan this forum you will note a few feel they got ripped off.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.