For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
ATTDmitriyCM's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 9:08 PM

Closed

How to unlock an Iphone

How can I get my iPhone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

5 years ago

@lismil25 

What reason was given for the unlock denial? Since the phone is no longer used on the AT&T network, did you apply for the unlock as a non-customer?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have not been denied. I am being told that additional info was needed but it was still in process to be unlocked. And I am still an at&t customer but this phone is no longer under contract.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

@lismil25 wrote:

I have spent the last 10 days trying without any success to have my 2013 iPhone 5 unlocked.  I tried twice online to have it unlocked and when that didn't work I called customer service.  I have spoken to customer service 4 times and even spoke with a supervisor. I spoke with someone in technical support who was not able to expedite the situation.  Everyone has been nice to deal with but no one has the ability to actually expedite my case.  I have been told that it should only take 24 - 48 hours to unlock but it has been 10 days.  I have been told that my case will be given the highest priority and will be expedited. Clearly that has not happened either.  I have been told that my case is with the "back office team" and that the customer service office cannot contact them.  I have been told that I just have to wait for them to contact me with the unlock number.  AT&T has confirmed that the IMEI number matches the phone number and that I have paid off the phone.  I am hoping that someone will read this post and actually find a solution for me.  I have been a loyal AT&T customer for at least 15 years and I am very disappointed that I cannot speak with anyone who can actually help me.

Old phones are being purged from the system.  Especially if not HD voice compatible.    If the phone is not used on your account, it’s far less likely the IMEi is in the system.    You’ll have to let At&t do what it does to verify the phone was purchased by you, fully paid for, or contract completed on your account.  Unfortunately for you, they have that right.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hello, 

I have a paid off Iphone XS that I fully paid for at an ATT store in November 2018. I'm trying to unlock the device via the device portal and I'm not able to. I understand there is a 6 month eligibility rule, but I've been an account holder for years and paid for the phone in full when I bought it. My prepaid account is also in good standing.

I called customer support and they told me the device had to have service for 6 months but according to the ATT response in another topic, that's not the case:

https://forums.att.com/t5/Apple/Prepaid-device-unlock-after-6-months/td-p/5579692

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I am trying numerous times to unlock an already paid, out of contract, up to date iPhone 7 Plus through their portal, but is not functioning at all. I have tried as regular customer and as a non customer and it is still not working. I unlocked a device once before through the portal years ago and it worked just fine. Now it gives an error that “We are having network issues.” I’m trying to unlock for a cancer patient that is without a phone right now and would like to give her this phone but I cannot do that if your websites aren’t working properly.

And it shocks me that AT&T does not have an internal way of unlocking a device. Even the Customer Care Team has to use the SAME website customers use. Instead of having their own internal website to unlock. How is that possible

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

My situation is the same. Why does ATT not have an internal way of unlocking a device?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I went to the website to unlock my iphone 7 which is paid off and AT&T send me an email telling me that Its not possible to unlock my phone because my account hasnt been active for at least 60 days.

I think they are referring to my new plan ?? I need help unlocking this phone. !!   

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hello!

I can't unlock my Iphone through the ATT portal even though I meet all of the eligibility conditions!

The phone has been paid off for years, and its been three months since I've upgraded but I still get the "Looks like you upgraded your device recently so we can't unlock it right now. Submit a new request after the 14-day waiting period ends" message even when I submit info as a non-customer.

I've called the tech support line several times to no avail, and when I go into the store the representatives say they can't help me.

I would really like some help!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I bought a used phone second hand from someone online it’s from att can y’all unlock it for me so I can active it 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Hello! I bought a cellphone that it is locked with this company, but I’m from other country and AT&T doesn’t work where I am, that’s why I want that AT&T unlock my phone! I need it to use my phone in my country! Please tell me how can I do it or if you can help me! Thanks!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.