For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
ATTDmitriyCM's profile
Former Community Manager

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

Tuesday, December 9th, 2014 9:08 PM

Closed

How to unlock an Iphone

How can I get my iPhone unlocked?

How long does this process take?

What are the requirements?

These and other related questions will be answered in this thread. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here and the Community will be happy to help!

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

If I buy an At & t used iPhone 5s, can I request for free unlocking?
Thanks

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

Yes.  You should ask if the phone has all financial obligations paid off and is iCloud unlocked

If it isn't iCloud unlocked, no one can use it.

ATT doesn't have to unlock phones until they are paid off.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hello Good day, I bought an IPhone 6 from the US that is locked to your Carrier (AT & T) please how do I unlock it cos am a Nigerian and their is no AT & T here. Please help I need a reply. Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hi

Here is the situation. My friend recently visited me from US. Before coming to India, he purchased a second hand iphone 6plus 128 GB from a person in the US. 

My friend has AT&T connection but I guess the phone was not under contract with him when he purchased it from someone else. Now when he tries to get it unlocked, AT&T says that they are not able to verify him as a user with AT&T and hence cannot take the unlock request. Please suggest a way out as this is a second hand phone and we want to use it in India. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

ATT will not unlock a phone until it is paid off, which it apparently is not.

Nothing can be done 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hey. I apply for unlock my iphone online two weeks ago, I recived the confirmation email but no the second email I suppose to recive. So I still wating to unblock my iPhone.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

My iPhone 6 plus IMEI is not recognized by the unlock at&t portal.
Kindly advice.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

It is an AT&T model that is locked to AT&T? Has it been used on the AT&T network? If the answer to either of these questions is no, that is why AT&T does not have recognize the IMEI.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I want to unlock my phone to be able to use it with another service provider abroad.

I have a gophone and I am not able to do it in the attt website.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.