Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Unlocked iPhone 6s but Sim not supported by carrier issue.

Contributor

Unlocked iPhone 6s but Sim not supported by carrier issue.

Hello,

I have a AT&T iPhone 6s that I unlocked online and was approved. I followed the instructions on the unlocked form and updated it through iTunes  and apple software and all the other approaches but I'm still unstable to use my T-Mobile SIM card. Contract is all paid out and nothing seems to be pending.

It says the Sim card is not supported by the carrier. I have the approval form if that helps but is there someone that can do another check to see if it's truly unlocked. The email says it is but the iphone says otherwise. Or if anyone knows what the issue could be, any feedback or suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Sage

Re: Unlocked iPhone 6s but Sim not supported by carrier issue.

Unlock is not complete.  Contact Apple...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201328

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Unlocked iPhone 6s but Sim not supported by carrier issue.

I have a similar issue. AT&T unlocked my iphone 6 and it worked perfectly with a Red Pocket SIM, but for some reason with Mint SIM I get the error "SIM NOT SUPPORTED".  Any ideas?  Factory reset did nothing to fix problem

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support