For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
SanBkam's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 8:59 AM

Unlock iphone 1 year old

Hello!

i bought an iphone 5s, 1 year ago! i come frome europe and i came to america like 2 months ago and i couldnt use an iphone...can someone please help me to unlock the phone please!

i hope i didn't throw my money away... 

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

As you mentioned above, Please check if your device is eligible to get unlocked or not.

There after if your device is eligible you can simply unlock your device by visiting this link you will be able to unlock the device: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/request/#/unlockstep1 , Once the request is submitted you will need to wait for 24-48 hrs to get confirmation mail, once you receive the mail, you will have to accept and wait for another 48-72 Hrs to get your device unlocked,

Once this steps are processed you will have to connect your iPhone to iTunes and then select  back up and restore, This way you will be able to use NON ATT SIM card. Also you can call or chat AT&T on 611 or 1800-331-0500. Or just AT&T Chat support will help you to fix this issue.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

when i tipe my imei it says that its says ''The IMEI you entered does not appear to be an AT&T wireless phone or tablet''

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

In this scenario I will recommend you to chat with AT&T Chat Support and I believe the issue will be Taken care of.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

when can i contact them...i am in europe and on chat it says that agents aren't available right now...

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

You can try as per US timing they will surely help you at that stage.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

thank you!!!

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

You are most welcome, Just update once you are able to fix the issue.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@SanBkam

If the IMEI is not in the data base, it means the phone was sold as a Gophone, or prepaid.  These phones are sold under retail cost and are not unlocked until they have completed 6 months of prepaid service on ATT.  

In the past the loop hole to buying a cheap phone was to unlock these phones with the portal.  This loop hole is closed by ATT  not listing the IMEI

Sorry, but you can resell the phone. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

do i have any possibility to unlock the phone...i cannot sell it to anyone here in europe..

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@SanBkam   No.   ATT is clamping down and won't unlock phones sold at a discount and never used on ATT.   You can list on eBay as ATT locked.  Plenty of people might want a US phone if traveling.   Sorry.

I strongly recommend visitors not buy phones from US carriers.  Best Buy sells unlocked phones.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.