The new iPhone 15
Ma653132's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, November 22nd, 2016 1:49 AM

Unlock Iphone 7 plus purchased from bestbuy

Hello, i purchases iphone 7 plus from bestbuy 2 days ago and they told me that once i enter my gophone prepaid att into the iphone the iphone will be sim locked to att, so now i am trying to unlock the iphone how to do that, keep in mind that i have paid a full price and its contract free

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

And i also submitted an unlock form on att they told me its not approved? What should i do?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Your phone is already locked to ATT whether you have put the gophone SIM into the phone or not. What reason were you given on your unlock request? If you have put the gophone sim into the phone, you have triggered the 6 month requirement to unlock. If that is the case, you may be able to get an exception to the 6 month requirement.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Hello here is the info:
Request number: NUL814479379802

Hi, ALI.
Thank you for contacting AT&T about unlocking your Apple iPhone 7 Plus A1661 device.

Because of certain AT&Tguidelines, we were not able to unlock your device.

I am not that prof! But i do know that i apid full price at bestbuy which is 1050$ or something near that! So can you help me figure this out?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

That reason is kind of cryptic. Have you put the gophone SIM into the phone? If not, did you enter the unlock request as a non customer?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Hi
Yes i entered my gophone sim into the phone and activated it and when i requested the unlock i requested it as non customer bcz its not validating my info as a customer!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Ok, that probably means you have activated the 6 month requirement. Use the private message feature of this forum and send a private message to @ATTMobilityCare. They should be able to waive that 6 month requirement and get the unlock request approved.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Yes i sent them an email i hope they reply for me soon! U saved me have been searching for hours

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

I am waiting for a response on my phone too. I paid everything up front in full and been a customer since beginning of 2015. I am locked on this GoPhone thing. Funny thing is, Obama's law that went into effect states, "no carrier can deny a request to unlock a users' phone, once the two-year contract is paid up. This past August, President Barack Obama signed the Unlocking Consumer Choice and Wireless Competition Act into law, finally making it legal once more to unlock your phone." (Credit to GOOGLE) So what the heck AT&T. Technically GoPhones are paid off phones.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

7 years ago

Each phone company has requirements that must be met before the phone will be unlocked. With a gophone, it must be active for 6 months before it is eligible for unlocking.

If you don't plan on using the phone on the AT&T network, DO NOT buy one that is locked to AT&T. You can buy already unlocked phones directly from Apple and will not have to go through the hassle of unlocking.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks att they unlocked my iphone! Because they understood that i already paid the full amount and they updated my imei on there system and told me to use the device unlock link and it worked! And for who ever says buy directly from apple! I'd like to say to him shutup! If apple wouldnt done backorder i would have ordered and i think some of us just like to go to store to buy it rather than it is delivered by mail!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.