For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
unnhappy's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, July 28th, 2016 1:17 AM

Unknown

I have been with AT&T from the begining. I pay $30.00 a month for insurance on 3 phones. I recently had a claim 6 weeks ago and need to make another one. It is concerning water damage. Most I-Phones that receive water damage only need a 39.00 battery instead of a 200.00 replacement fee that they require. Boy they make money on both ends. Since this is my second request in a short time they want a sworn affidavit and a copy of my license. They offer 6 phones in a year. I can see if this was my third phone, but instead they treat me like a thief. She said they get millions of complaints like this. I told her if that is a fact then take care of your customers and quit spending millions of dollars to get new ones. I even told her I was switching companies for my phones and insurance. I had simalar problems with them when I had my internet with them years ago. But yet they are still paying people to bang on my door every 2 weeks. This proves they are into sales more than service. I will be switching. my oldest son is on verizon with no problems. Can you hear me now. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

I hope you realize the insurance is provided by Asurion, not ATT and they are the insurance provider for all major carriers. If you switch carriers and get insurance, you'll find you have not switched insurance providers. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

I second that.

Liquid damage is not "battery damage".  Screen, motherboard....electronics don't belong in the water.     iPhone doesn't have  a user replaceable battery, plenty of other phones do.  Opening up and removing battery doesn't save the phone 

A phone that has liquid damage is junk.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

3 Attachments

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I guess we are in a monopoly then. They only listen to their policies their customers. Can you hear me now!!!!

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

8 years ago

You can do like many iPhone users chose to do.  You can reject the AT&T insurance offering, and then go straight to an Apple Store and purchase Apple Care+ for your new iPhone.  Apple Care+ extends the iPhone warranty by 1 year (so 2 years instead of 1 year on a new iPhone).  It also added 2 "out of warranty incidents" where your iPhone will be replaced by Apple for about $100-150 (depending upon which iPhone you have).  This means that if you drop your iPhone in water, they will replace it for a one time flat rate, and instead of paying a monthly premium, you pay a one time fee and have the coverage for up to 2 years.  The only thing that Apple Care+ doesn't cover is theft/loss (or intentional damage).  In those cases, you can often submit it as a claim on your homeowner's insurance and still be cheaper than paying for dedicated phone insurance.

It is always wise to remember that insurance companies aren't in business to help you out in your need, they are in business to collect premiums from you, and pay out as little in coverage as they can.  This is why they have deductibles, and service limits on how much coverage you can have. This is also why it is often cheaper to use pay for a repair out of your pocket and not even bother with submitting a claim against your insurance.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.