For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
coolrhyme's profile

Guru

• 

507 Messages

Monday, March 12th, 2012 2:24 PM

USB problem

Just before i update my iOS. i connect my 4s on my computer it says unknown device i tried to run T/S base from xp. Still not able to fix the issue. before its working fine its recognizing the phone. now, its not even charging and saying the device is not supported under usb device status. any recommendations?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

507 Messages

12 years ago

It's working now i DL the fixpc for xp on the windows website it automatically fix the errors in the drive. now its working. tnx guys 🙂

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@coolrhyme wrote:

Just before i update my iOS. i connect my 4s on my computer it says unknown device i tried to run T/S base from xp. Still not able to fix the issue. before its working fine its recognizing the phone. now, its not even charging and saying the device is not supported under usb device status. any recommendations?

Are you connecting directly to a USB port on the machine or a external hub?

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

12 years ago

Have you tried repairing iTunes?

Guru

• 

507 Messages

12 years ago

Its directly connected to my CPU.

Guru

• 

507 Messages

12 years ago

@dwill05 wrote:
Have you tried repairing iTunes?

How? i dont know how to do it. my driver for the phone is not detected by my computer.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

12 years ago

Computer not recognizing the device and also not charging could mean a bad cable or it could also mean a damaged phone where the cable connects (or both). I just had my wife's phone replaced for that very reason. According to the folks at the genius bar, looked like a couple of pins on the phone got bent. Not sure how that happened but we also found the cable she normally used with her iphone no longer worked on my iphone. Consequently, the bad cable may have been the cause for the bent pins on the phone.

Guru

• 

507 Messages

12 years ago

Its not with the cable its working when i plug it on the wall outlet and when i used it w/ other PC its charging.

Scholar

• 

121 Messages

12 years ago

Yeah, try repairing or reinstalling iTunes--it could be possible that the USB drivers needed for your PC and/or iTunes to recognize a phone connected to it somehow may have gotten deleted or corrupted; an iTunes repair/reinstall should fix the drivers, if indeed it turns out to be a driver issue.

Guru

• 

507 Messages

12 years ago

@anton697 wrote:

Yeah, try repairing or reinstalling iTunes--it could be possible that the USB drivers needed for your PC and/or iTunes to recognize a phone connected to it somehow may have gotten deleted or corrupted; an iTunes repair/reinstall should fix the drivers, if indeed it turns out to be a driver issue.

Will try that later.

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

12 years ago

Uninstall iTunes; reboot your computer; reinstall iTunes.  That should reinstall any drivers.  

If all else fails, get a macSmiley Tongue  I do not miss those days of diagnosing problems like this one.

Good Luck!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.