For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Tim321's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, May 15th, 2018 11:17 PM

Trying to have ATT Straight Talk Phone Unlocked

I have a Apple I phone 5s I bought it for a spare. It was previously AT&T Straight Talk. At&t store or the walmart it was set up at can't unlock it. I have the basic password but that's it. Can it be unlocked?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

There is no such thing as an AT&T Straight Talk iphone. Straight Talk is an MVNO that uses all major carriers. Presuming you are talking about a carrier unlock, the phone is either locked to Straight Talk or ATT. If locked to Straight Talk, only Straight Talk can unlock it. If locked to ATT, you need to put in a request to unlock at: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/. The store can’t unlock it.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

Unlocked from what?  Carrier unlock?  Screen unlock?  iCloud unlock? PUK unlock?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have basically the same problem as above but I got my phone from a family member and they told me it was straight talk service they used with it and that it was a straight talk phone for me to get it unlocked with straight talk but going through settings, it says the carrier is at&t, so that means I'll have to contact at&t right? To get the actual phone unlocked for at&t?  Or could it still be straight talk that they actually used with their phone plan? Thanks in advance and I'm sorry I'm as grass when it comes to something such as this. Lol 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

4 years ago

@Godis4everlove   If your phone is locked to straight talk and you have to contact straight talk.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.