Traveling in Europe.

Visitor

Traveling in Europe.

I have an IPhone 5 and would like to use it in France/Spain for 12 days for GPS, and perhaps language and money conversioin.  Don't need to make calls (hopefully) or text, and will use WiFi at hotels.  Recommendations?  Thanks, Larry.  

Message 1 of 8 (774 Views)
Community Manager

Re: Traveling in Europe.

Hello, ltl5839!

Thanks for posting. For more information about different international packages, click on the link below.

AT&T International Packages

Enjoy your travels!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 8 (705 Views)
ACE - Guru

Hi Larry,

Unless your phone is unlocked by AT&T.
You need to use International roaming with AT&T.
The info. are on the above post.

If your phone are unlocked.You may use a local Sim card.
But for France & Spain,you will need to apply the service in person.
With address and passport info.Since your trip is only 12 days.
You may be better off using the WiFi in hotels,McD and coffee shop. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 8 (699 Views)
ACE - Guru

Be aware you can use the charger as is in Europe but that you may need a wall plug adapter to fit the various wall outlets. Here is an example of one type...

http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-Universal-Travel-Charger-Adapter/dp/B000YN01X4

The charger is rated 120/240 VAC, 50/60 Hz...

Check local travel stores, Walmart, Radio Shack, Best Buy, etc...

http://www.worldstandards.eu/electricity/plugs-and-sockets/
"When all else fails, read the instructions..."
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8 (692 Views)
ACE - Guru

Hi SoonerAl,
  Do you know most cell phones come with International charger now.
 Most hotels got charger adapter,but OP can pick up any international adapter cheaper at home. 

Message 5 of 8 (631 Views)
ACE - Professor

It's easier to use the USB cable connected to a (hotel) computer to charge your iPhone.

Message 6 of 8 (608 Views)
Tutor

adidaskid808 wrote:

Hi Larry,

Unless your phone is unlocked by AT&T.
You need to use International roaming with AT&T.
The info. are on the above post.

If your phone are unlocked.You may use a local Sim card.
But for France & Spain,you will need to apply the service in person.
With address and passport info.Since your trip is only 12 days.
You may be better off using the WiFi in hotels,McD and coffee shop. 

Hi,  What do you mean by, "for France & Spain,you will need to apply the service in person"?  do you mean you must bring the unlock code with you to France or Spain?

Message 7 of 8 (585 Views)
ACE - Guru

Hi Agnita,
    Not code,once the phone is unlocked ,they always unlocked.
 but bring your phone with you,they may need your phone IMEI.

Message 8 of 8 (564 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.