The new iPhone 15
spd2demun's profile

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

Friday, October 14th, 2011 5:24 AM

Transfer info from Touch to 4S

I couldn't find anything on the forum specific to this, just iPhone to iPhone.

And Apple's site was the same, and I grabbed these instructions:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2109

Will I be able to just copy everything to the new iPhone EXACTLY the way it is on my old Touch?  Especially Apps that have data stored.

I've never been to this point before, so any advice is GREATLY appreciated!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

346 Messages

12 years ago

You should be able to. I restored my iPod Touch 4G and iPad 2 from my iPhone back-up and app data stayed intact (even if I did have to re-install some of the apps manually).

Might want to install iOS 5 on your Touch first, if you haven't already.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

12 years ago

Reporting back--the transfer from the old 2nd gen. Touch went just fine (to the iPhone 4S). 

No issues with the 2nd gen. Touch not being able to use iOS5.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

12 years ago

Thanks.  And I should follow the instructions from Apple in that link?

Problem is I can't upgrade to iOS5 on a 2nd gen. Touch, but I upgraded all computers to the latest iTunes a day early (11th).

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

@spd2demun wrote:

Reporting back--the transfer from the old 2nd gen. Touch went just fine (to the iPhone 4S). 

No issues with the 2nd gen. Touch not being able to use iOS5.

spd, how did you install iOS5 on your 2nd Generation Touch? This makes me want to install it on my 4th Generation, as you have been so kind to help me in the past. 🙂 Did you hook the Touch up to iTunes and then figure it out from there? It's not an automatic update, is it?

Scholar

• 

346 Messages

12 years ago

@Wild Banchi wrote:

spd, how did you install iOS5 on your 2nd Generation Touch? This makes me want to install it on my 4th Generation, as you have been so kind to help me in the past. 🙂 Did you hook the Touch up to iTunes and then figure it out from there? It's not an automatic update, is it?

He didn't install iOS5 on his iPod Touch 2G. It should be supported on your iPod Touch 4G, though.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

12 years ago

hnzw_rui is CORRECT...I was questioning whether the old 2nd Gen. Touch would have a problem being used as the BACKUP from which to install TO the new iPhone 4S. 

2nd Gen. Touch cannot go to iOS5 (as you know), but the transfer of info worked just fine to the new iPhone.

Sort of the whole reason I went to the iPhone, new iPod with iOS5 included. Smiley Wink

And take a look at these articles for upgrading problems for some to iOS5. Smiley Sad

Bricked my Touch

Installation Hiccups

@hnzw_rui wrote:

@Wild Banchi wrote:

He didn't install iOS5 on his iPod Touch 2G. It should be supported on your iPod Touch 4G, though.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.