The new iPhone 15
ormom51's profile

Guru

• 

737 Messages

Monday, June 14th, 2010 7:55 PM

Transfer contacts to iPhone 4 from feature phone

I currently have a three year old phone and plan to preorder the iPhone 4.  Is there a way to transfer my contacts to the iPhone?  My phone is not synced with my computer.  What is the best way for me to preorder the iPhone4 and have all the contacts there-if possible?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

14 years ago

@ormom51 wrote:

I can save contacts to my sim-most of them are already, except for people with certain ringtones and I can fix that easily enough.  So does this mean I need to preorder and have my phone sent to the store for pick up so they can get the contacts from my old sim?  I was hoping to have it sent to my home and avoid the line at the store.  If I get the phone shipped to my home and sync to iTunes then are the contacts on my old sim lost?  Or could the machine at the store still transfer those contacts even though the old sim is disabled?

Well I know the iPhone has a feature where you could put your old SIM card in the iphone SIM slot and it can transfer your contacts automatically, but since the new one is using a MicroSim Im not sure you could do that, so I would say when you get your new iPhone in the mail, save your old SIM, then take your old SIM and your new iPhone with the new SIM to any AT&T and they should be able to transfer it to you. If you sync it, your contacts will NOT be deleted from your old SIM, they would still be there.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

This is how I did it for me and my wife:

1. Export contacts from old phone to CSV file.
  2. Import CSV file to iPhone (there is app for that).

To export contacts use desktop software for your old phone (you can find it on the CD which came with phone). Or you can download newest version from vendor website :it is named PC Studio (Samsung), PC Suite (LG, Nokia), Desktop Software (Blackberry) and so on. Sync you phone with Desktop Software and save your contacts as CSV file. Then send CSV file to the importing app ("Contacts In : Import CSV Contacts") and import (map the columns to name, phone etc). For me it turned out to be simplest way as I already used PC Suite and did not use outlooks, google etc. more details can be found here: http://csvcontacts.wordpress.com/import-contacts-to-iphone/

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

14 years ago

Save the contacts on your SIM card, depending on what phnoe you have, there should be a way to do that. After that, if you got to AT&T, they have this machine that can transfer those contacts from your old SIM card to the new one

Guru

• 

737 Messages

14 years ago

I can save contacts to my sim-most of them are already, except for people with certain ringtones and I can fix that easily enough.  So does this mean I need to preorder and have my phone sent to the store for pick up so they can get the contacts from my old sim?  I was hoping to have it sent to my home and avoid the line at the store.  If I get the phone shipped to my home and sync to iTunes then are the contacts on my old sim lost?  Or could the machine at the store still transfer those contacts even though the old sim is disabled?

Guru

• 

737 Messages

14 years ago

Thanks smooth4lyfe!  I would hate to have to redo all my contacts.  I have had to do that before and was not looking forward to finding and entering all those numbers again.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

13 years ago

Transfer contacts from computer to new iphone,you can useiphone backup tool to backup all you files to computer,or transfer all files from computer to new iphone.including SMS and contact

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

12 years ago

Indeed you can use several methods to transfer contacts from PC to iPhone once you have your original phone contacts loaded to your computer: http://en.kioskea.net/faq/20627-iphone-contacts-sync-backup-and-editing

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I am using iPhone 5. Methods above cannot help me. Any new solution for this?

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

11 years ago

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.