The new iPhone 15
Nachofriend's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, September 13th, 2017 12:09 PM

Closed

Trade IPhone for iwatch ?

I'm thinking of trading my iPhone 6 in against an I watch (and that being my sole device) since it has cellular capabilities now ... is this possible
* I'm prepay and my iPhone is out of contract... would like to stay prepay if possible

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

You can't trade an iPhone for an iwatch but you can trade in the iPhone and use what you get to buy an iwatch. However, even with cellular capability, the new iwatch can not be stand alone. You still have to pair it with an iPhone. Info on ATT's trade in program is here: https://tradein.att.com/#/start-a-trade/discover-device-value

Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) requires an iPhone 6 or later with iOS 11 or later. Apple Watch and iPhone service provider must be the same. Not available with all service providers. Roaming is not available outside your carrier network coverage area. Wireless service plan required for cellular service. Contact your service provider for more details. Check www.apple.com/watch/cellular for participating wireless carriers and eligibility.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@Nachofriend    Pity isn't it?  So close to classic comic, Dick Tracy wrist communicator.   Just not yet.

The watch also must be on a postpaid account with the phone.

Trade in Value on iPhones is always a fraction of their sale value on eBay. 

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

It would be great if it was free

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

2 years ago

5 year old thread.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.