The new iPhone 15
MrsKenTux's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, February 6th, 2012 3:43 AM

Texting Issue

We have a family plan with 3 phones.. All Iphones...One of us just got the new Iphone 4s..the other two have the Iphone4...Now when my husband texts my phone, not only do I get the texts, but my daughter gets the texts too.  They can have a whole conversation and it be recorded on my phone and her phone.  This only happens within the family plan.  Can someone please help?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

12 years ago

Check out your message settings on all the iPhones and make sure each is receiving iMessage texts at different addresses. If they all a have the same address, that is what is happening. Settings>Messages>Receive At>

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

785 Messages

12 years ago

Yeah both iPhones have the same iTunes email address listed

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

12 years ago

@youngjm wrote:
Check out your message settings on all the iPhones and make sure each is receiving iMessage texts at different addresses. If they all a have the same address, that is what is happening. Settings>Messages>Receive At>

I could be wrong but I don't think changing the email in the "Receive at" setting will make any difference as long as all three iphones are using the same apple id. As long as each device is connected to the same apple id account, any iMessage sent to that apple id account will be seen on every device. The "Receive at" setting simply associates email addresses with that apple id.

For the OP, the way to stop what you are seeing is to either use a different apple id on each iphone or turn off iMessage.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

12 years ago

@sandblaster wrote:

@youngjm wrote:

I could be wrong but I don't think changing the email in the "Receive at" setting will make any difference as long as all three iphones are using the same apple id. As long as each device is connected to the same apple id account, any iMessage sent to that apple id account will be seen on every device. The "Receive at" setting simply associates email addresses with that apple id.

For the OP, the way to stop what you are seeing is to either use a different apple id on each iphone or turn off iMessage.

When you go to the settings, you are set to recieve messages at the phone number.  you can also choose to add or remove the email address associated with the shared apple ID.  Take a look at your own settings and take note that you can remove the email address under the options for messageing.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.