Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jun 17, 2012
7:26:14 PM
View profile
Switching phones.. data plans?
Edited by eddie92hg on Jun 17, 2012 at 7:28:37 PM

If I switch from an iPhone to another AT&T smartphone how will that affect my data plan? I see this question has been asked and answered. I know I would have to call AT&T and switch from a iPhone data plan to a regular smartphone data plan, but I couldn't find anything about speeds.

If I switch over to a 4G LTE capable smartphone will I be charged more for the faster speeds or will I still have the same tiered data plan with simply faster speeds?

If I switch from an iPhone to another AT&T smartphone how will that affect my data plan? I see this question has been asked and answered. I know I would have to call AT&T and switch from a iPhone data plan to a regular smartphone data plan, but I couldn't find anything about speeds.

If I switch over to a 4G LTE capable smartphone will I be charged more for the faster speeds or will I still have the same tiered data plan with simply faster speeds?

Accepted Solution

Switching phones.. data plans?

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 17, 2012 7:31:26 PM
(0)
Master

eddie92hg wrote:

The data plans cost the same.  If you have an unlimited data plan, you need to be careful that it does not get lost in all the switching.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

eddie92hg wrote:

The data plans cost the same.  If you have an unlimited data plan, you need to be careful that it does not get lost in all the switching.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: Switching phones.. data plans?

2 of 3 (3,658 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 17, 2012 7:42:23 PM
(0)
Former Employee

eddie92hg wrote:

Yes, you will have the same tiered data plan at the same price, just faster download speed.

eddie92hg wrote:

Yes, you will have the same tiered data plan at the same price, just faster download speed.

Re: Switching phones.. data plans?

3 of 3 (3,650 Views)
Solution