For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Vedanta's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, December 19th, 2018 3:04 AM

Switching from SIM to eSIM

Hi. I'll soon be traveling out of the country and would like to use a physical SIM at my international destination. How do I switch from my present SIM card to e-SIM on my iPhone XS. Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

Make sure your phone is unlocked.

Go to an ATT store and get the card with QR code and follow directions to move your number to eSim.   A few store personnel think a second number or different plan is required.  Just give them side eye cause you know that’s not true. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you so much for your help. I hope to go to the nearest AT&T Store and get this done as soon as i can. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Hi. I went to the store today and got my number changed from SIM to eSIM. The process was quick, easy and simple. One change I noticed which puzzles me: My "Message" app now sends all messages as "text" messages, no longer the "Message" protocol Apple has when sent to other Apple devices. I wonder why this change has occurred and whether it has anything to do with eSIM. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am currently overseas (Asia) and will not be back in US until May when I could visit a att office. Can the att switch from using physical sim to esim be achieved without visiting a att office?

keith 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I just bought unlock version of XS Max and need support from AT&T. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hi. I switched mine today and I’m having the same problem plus some others. How did you get yours fixed?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

What problem?   No one else had a problem (other than not reading how to get eSim)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I did it today, but I don't understand why my old physical SIM card no longer works? This doesn't make sense.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I received my esim card in mail today but have been on the phone with AT&T for an hour trying to get it activated.  I just want to transfer my line from physical sim to esim.  No one i've talked to knows what I'm talking about and I keep getting transferred.  I'm beyond frustrated.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.