For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Diogones's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, July 3rd, 2013 4:27 AM

Switching Windows phone to iPhone mid-contract

Hey all,

I have a Windows 7 phone with a 2 year AT&T contract. My friend is upgrading his iPhone 3GS, and wanted me to have it. It is unlocked, as he is using it with T-Mobile. Can I use this phone, and simply swap out the SIM card in my phone with the 3GS? Will that violate my terms of service? Is there a contract upgrade involved? I have heard that I would need to change to an iPhone data plan. What would that cost? Would it be any more than my current Windows phone plan? 

Just wanted to make sure I get the "all clear" before I go through with the phone swap.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

338 Messages

11 years ago

I'm not sure what size sim the windows phone uses. The 3GS uses a "full size" sim. If the sims are the same it should be an easy swap. Swap the sims and call AT&T so they can make the appropriate changes to your plan.

The iPhone data plan shouldn't be any more expensive than your current plan.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

@gphipps wrote:
I'm not sure what size sim the windows phone uses. The 3GS uses a "full size" sim. If the sims are the same it should be an easy swap. Swap the sims and call AT&T so they can make the appropriate changes to your plan.

Thanks for your prompt and helpful reply ghipps! Yeah, it's an older model Windows phone - almost two years old - so I think it still takes a standard SIM. OK great, I knew this was going to be easy! My contract won't be extended with the service change, will it?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

11 years ago

@Diogones wrote:

@gphipps wrote:

Thanks for your prompt and helpful reply ghipps! Yeah, it's an older model Windows phone - almost two years old - so I think it still takes a standard SIM. OK great, I knew this was going to be easy! My contract won't be extended with the service change, will it?

No,  contract will not be extended.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.