The new iPhone 15
minkathebest's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, September 25th, 2012 5:59 AM

Switched to Verizon on 9/17 - Second thoughts and now want to switch back to AT&T

As the title says, I received my brand new phone last Friday 9/17. I had been an at&t customer for 2+ years with iphone 4 and switched to Verizon on 9/17 when I received my iphone 5, i.e. ported my number. Now, I am having second thoughts and now want to switch back to AT&T

Why second thoughts? It just hit me that my last plan on AT&T with iPhone 4 only cost 60-70 per month and with Verizon I will be paying 100-120 per month. This is a difference of 40+ dollars per month!!

So, what I would like to do is to get AT&T and also get my cancelled plan back from AT&T.

1) can AT&T reactivate the recently cancelled plan?

2) will the reactivated plan have the same set up as before? 

3) will they be able to port

4) is there a way to check the inventory of the stores to see which at&t store has the iPhone5 in stock?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

Hi there!

Glad you would like to.come back to AT&T!

If you have recently cancelled your account, then yes you will be able to reactivate it with the same number. However keep in mind that you mag incur a ETF from Verizon. But other than that, you should be all set. Welcome back!

~ Evandela ~

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

402 Messages

12 years ago

One more thing....if you had a plan that is now no longer available (single or family minute plan) then you can't get that same plan back. Same thing for the data plan. It would have been so simple if you had compared prices before jumping ship. As is usually the case...the grass isn't always greener on the other side.  Smiley Happy

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

12 years ago

That was one of my reasons I did not want to switch.

With Verizon I only get 2GB as a base data plan and with att its like 3GB. Plus my bill will be $20-$25 cheaper with at&t.

Plus at&t has the faster LTE speed and eventually they will have the coverage.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

The 3GB plan is still offered by AT&T so you should not see any changes to your account unless you have any grandfathered features.

Did we address your concerns? Any more questions? 🙂

~ Evandela ~

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

On the phone right now and switching!! Smiley Very Happy

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

Excellent and welcome back to the AT&T family! I'll mark this as solved. 😉

~ Evandela ~

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.