Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Straight Talk Iphone 5S - will it work with AT&T sim card?

Contributor

Straight Talk Iphone 5S - will it work with AT&T sim card?

I am planning to buy Straight talk Iphone 5s from walmart and planning to use with AT&T. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Straight-Talk-Apple-iPhone-5S-16GB-4G-LTE-Prepaid-Smartphone/50285046?wml...

My Question is will it work? I am planning to use with AT&T straight out of box. Straight talk iphone 5s is on sale for $144 vs. AT&T Go phone iphone 5s is for %199. I am just trying to save $50. Do you see any issue with this? Anything i need to verify to make sure it works with AT&T sim card?

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Sage

Re: Straight Talk Iphone 5S - will it work with AT&T sim card?

It would be locked to ST, Probably for 6 months, just like ATT phones.

BTW, ATT has the same offer with $45 aircard.

https://www.att.com/cellphones/iphone/iphone-5s-prepaid.html#sku=sku7920691

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Contributor

the only problem is i do not need $45 aircard because right now i am using lg phone on at&t. So i already have at&t service - jut want to switch phone from lg to iphone 5s.

Message 3 of 7
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by alexpatel
‎10-30-2016 12:46 PM

Like any promotion, ST is offering a $150 phone so you have to buy their service.  It would be locked to ST.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 7
Scholar

StraightTalk uses either Verizon or AT&T networks. (At least in Ohio) Good possibility it may already work on the AT&T network without any changes.

Just ask them which network the phone works on. I know it one point I bought a straight talk phone and requested a Verizon phone and they were able to pick a Verizon model.
Message 5 of 7
Contributor

I am looking to do the same thing.  Did this work for you?

Message 6 of 7
Contributor

I cannot afford to go the AT&T route & wonder if I can remove the AT&T Sim card & replace it with one I can buy from Boostmobile for $20?                                                                                                                                                                                                     Tia,           dave alan:manfrustrated:

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support