Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Spam text

Contributor

Spam text

I received a text from 746-118-88. The msg is below. 

AT&T Free Message: Your temporary PIN is (I erased the PIN)

This is spam right? How do I stop receiving these texts?

Message 1 of 60
Teacher

Re: Spam text

I changed my password yesterday but received the same AT&T message this morning when I turned my phone back on. Cahnging the password did get rid of these messages.

Message 31 of 60
Teacher

It didn't get rid of the message for me either

Message 32 of 60
Teacher

If you have the att web security app try deleting it. That is what worked for me.
Message 33 of 60
Teacher

It is The AT&T mobile security app trying to log in.   Open the app and request a new pin or delete the app.  A week of misery to finally figure this out, changing passwords and usernames and calling ATT.  I knew it was an app because it would send a text after a reboot and random hours of the day and night.  

Message 34 of 60
Teacher

It is The AT&T mobile security app trying to log in.   Open the app and request a new pin or delete the app.  A week of misery to finally figure this out, changing passwords and usernames and calling ATT.  I knew it was an app because it would send a text after a reboot and random hours of the day and night.  

Message 35 of 60
Teacher

I think you have the right answer to this perplexing problem. I just requested a new PIN for the mobile security app and I'll see if that resolved the problem. Thanks!

Message 36 of 60
Tutor

I deleted it and no pin texts since. Thank you!
Message 37 of 60
Teacher

I launched Mobile Security, asked for a new PIN and entered it to reactivate
Mobile Security. No new texts since but I'll wait till tomorrow to confirm
that it did work.

It's the next day and no more text messages! So it turns out that it is Mobile Security trying to log in and you can either delete Mobile Security or request a new login PIN. 

Message 38 of 60
Contributor

But do I block the number since I’ve been getting here texts 3x a day for a week?

Message 39 of 60
Teacher

Delete the att web security app and that should stop them. The texts are coming from att so if you block it you may not get other texts you want
Message 40 of 60
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support