The new iPhone 15
StarrStarr's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, November 27th, 2018 6:04 AM

Is this text from AT&T Free Message a spam text?

I received a text from 746-118-88. The msg is below. 

AT&T Free Message: Your temporary PIN is (I erased the PIN)

This is spam right? How do I stop receiving these texts?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

You’re correct. I opened the app and it was looking for the pin it had generated. I just deleted the app. It wasn’t much help anyway.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I changed my password yesterday but received the same AT&T message this morning when I turned my phone back on. Cahnging the password did get rid of these messages.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

It didn't get rid of the message for me either

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

If you have the att web security app try deleting it. That is what worked for me.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

It is The AT&T mobile security app trying to log in.   Open the app and request a new pin or delete the app.  A week of misery to finally figure this out, changing passwords and usernames and calling ATT.  I knew it was an app because it would send a text after a reboot and random hours of the day and night.  

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

It is The AT&T mobile security app trying to log in.   Open the app and request a new pin or delete the app.  A week of misery to finally figure this out, changing passwords and usernames and calling ATT.  I knew it was an app because it would send a text after a reboot and random hours of the day and night.  

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I think you have the right answer to this perplexing problem. I just requested a new PIN for the mobile security app and I'll see if that resolved the problem. Thanks!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I deleted it and no pin texts since. Thank you!

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I launched Mobile Security, asked for a new PIN and entered it to reactivate
Mobile Security. No new texts since but I'll wait till tomorrow to confirm
that it did work.

It's the next day and no more text messages! So it turns out that it is Mobile Security trying to log in and you can either delete Mobile Security or request a new login PIN. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

But do I block the number since I’ve been getting here texts 3x a day for a week?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.