Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Spam text

Contributor

Spam text

I received a text from 746-118-88. The msg is below. 

AT&T Free Message: Your temporary PIN is (I erased the PIN)

This is spam right? How do I stop receiving these texts?

Message 1 of 60
Teacher

Re: Spam text

You are correct. I never open this app but it is asking for a pin and none work. I just deleted it so fingers crossed!

Message 21 of 60
Contributor

Me too.  Several times to date 05-22-2019.

Message 22 of 60
Teacher

Deleting the security app from ATT has so far fixed it. 24 hours and no text messages so far.
Message 23 of 60

Thank YOU!!! As I have been getting message over and over again...with <#> AT&T Free Message with a pin number and no explanation. Ending with IOpMWSeQxt the last message. They all have started the same and ending with jumbled letters as above. Looking suspicious. Sent a copy as Spam and I was messaged to send STOP as the number was a code short cut number. Odd that many posts I have read that AT&T reps are clueless as to how to help. Glad to know its the AT&T Mobile Security App. 

Message 24 of 60
Highlighted
Contributor

I too had a dozen or so texts from one number all within a minute. I called AT&T to have texts blocked since I never use them. When I called the number from which the texts came, the man was irked that I called him since he wasn't texting anyone at 3 in the morning.

Message 25 of 60
Tutor

Wow. I’m not alone. The texts I receive also end in IOpMWSEeQxt. I’m up to 12 of them now.

ATT PLEASE HELP!!
Message 26 of 60
Teacher

If you have the att web security app delete that. That’s what was causing it for me and problem solved since I deleted it.
Message 27 of 60

Open up the at&t mobile security app and request a pin. I did and the same text number showed up with the pin for it. Once I used the pin, the app wanted me to agree to terms. I suspect the latest app update is the cause but at&t isn’t leaving it up to you to open the app to discover you need a pin sent but the text fails to let you know what it is for.
Message 28 of 60
Tutor

Ok. I’ll try that. Thank you!

##- Please type your reply above this line -#
Message 29 of 60
Tutor

You’re correct. I opened the app and it was looking for the pin it had generated. I just deleted the app. It wasn’t much help anyway.
Message 30 of 60
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support