For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
ibarra5916's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, September 21st, 2018 12:02 AM

Was this software update from AT&T Free Msg legitimate?

Hi, I recently got this message from the number 11113000 saying “AT&T Free Msg: To complete your recent software update, please power off and restart your device,”. I wanted to see if this is really AT&T as they have never contacted through that number and also what the software update is. Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

6 years ago

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the confusion about this message. Yes, it is a legitimate AT&T message. An update was pushed to some customers who had updated to iOS 12 earlier this week, and this new update fixes a potential inability to use WiFi Calling. Please restart your device as requested in the message in order to complete the update.

Thank you so much for choosing AT&T!

Dan

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Me too-upgraded 2 days ago to IOS12 and today at 730pm, I get a text message from 11113000. 

AT&T Free Msg: To complete your recent software update, please power off and restart your device.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I did as well

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Got the same message, but I upgraded on Monday when it was released.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I also got the same exact text? I had updated my phone to IOS 12 the other day so perhaps it is legitimate? But I am unsure as to if it’s actually AT&T because I have never been contacted about something like this or from that number before?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have got messages from this number from AT&T before but not sure what this is about.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I did restart but nothing happened.  Very strange.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Interesting, maybe an update to the carrier service software was released if it was buggy when iOS 12 first launched?

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Possibly... hope someone clears this up soon!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I got this message to but now my text messages app doesn’t work. Just shows a red ! On the app icon an no messages or options just blank inside. Called and the at&t rep said the text from this number happens when you change something on your plan and recently I changed to paperless billing but I still don’t have messages?  No fix for that as yet. Very annoying!  And where are all my texts???!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.