Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Software update

Software update

Hi, I recently got this message from the number 11113000 saying “AT&T Free Msg: To complete your recent software update, please power off and restart your device,”. I wanted to see if this is really AT&T as they have never contacted through that number and also what the software update is. Thanks.

Message 1 of 28
Tutor

Re: Software update

Me too-upgraded 2 days ago to IOS12 and today at 730pm, I get a text message from 11113000. 

AT&T Free Msg: To complete your recent software update, please power off and restart your device.

Message 2 of 28
Teacher

I did as well

Message 3 of 28
Tutor

Got the same message, but I upgraded on Monday when it was released.

Message 4 of 28
Tutor

I also got the same exact text? I had updated my phone to IOS 12 the other day so perhaps it is legitimate? But I am unsure as to if it’s actually AT&T because I have never been contacted about something like this or from that number before?

Message 5 of 28
Contributor

I have got messages from this number from AT&T before but not sure what this is about.

Message 6 of 28
Teacher

I did restart but nothing happened.  Very strange.

Message 7 of 28

Interesting, maybe an update to the carrier service software was released if it was buggy when iOS 12 first launched?

Message 8 of 28
Teacher

Possibly... hope someone clears this up soon!

Message 9 of 28
Contributor

I got this message to but now my text messages app doesn’t work. Just shows a red ! On the app icon an no messages or options just blank inside. Called and the at&t rep said the text from this number happens when you change something on your plan and recently I changed to paperless billing but I still don’t have messages?  No fix for that as yet. Very annoying!  And where are all my texts???!!

Message 10 of 28
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support