Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Software update

Highlighted

Software update

Hi, I recently got this message from the number 11113000 saying “AT&T Free Msg: To complete your recent software update, please power off and restart your device,”. I wanted to see if this is really AT&T as they have never contacted through that number and also what the software update is. Thanks.

Message 1 of 28
Tutor

Re: Software update

Me too-upgraded 2 days ago to IOS12 and today at 730pm, I get a text message from 11113000. 

AT&T Free Msg: To complete your recent software update, please power off and restart your device.

Message 2 of 28
Teacher

I did as well

Message 3 of 28
Tutor

Got the same message, but I upgraded on Monday when it was released.

Message 4 of 28
Tutor

I also got the same exact text? I had updated my phone to IOS 12 the other day so perhaps it is legitimate? But I am unsure as to if it’s actually AT&T because I have never been contacted about something like this or from that number before?

Message 5 of 28
Contributor

I have got messages from this number from AT&T before but not sure what this is about.

Message 6 of 28
Teacher

I did restart but nothing happened.  Very strange.

Message 7 of 28

Interesting, maybe an update to the carrier service software was released if it was buggy when iOS 12 first launched?

Message 8 of 28
Teacher

Possibly... hope someone clears this up soon!

Message 9 of 28
Contributor

I got this message to but now my text messages app doesn’t work. Just shows a red ! On the app icon an no messages or options just blank inside. Called and the at&t rep said the text from this number happens when you change something on your plan and recently I changed to paperless billing but I still don’t have messages?  No fix for that as yet. Very annoying!  And where are all my texts???!!

Message 10 of 28
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support