For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
PointyThings's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, May 26th, 2011 5:03 AM

Shared Plan Questions for iPhone 4

Hi, my girlfriend and I are trying to get iPhones for the least amount of money possible. I am wondering a few things I suppose:

What is the absolute least amount of money we can spend per month?

Does Google Voice work with push notifications for texting so we can get the cheapest texting plan?

Do we both have to have data and messaging plans?

Does anyone know if Verizon is cheaper or more expensive for a shared plan?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

13 years ago

@PointyThings wrote:

Hi, my girlfriend and I are trying to get iPhones for the least amount of money possible. I am wondering a few things I suppose:

What is the absolute least amount of money we can spend per month?  I believe $59.99 is the cheapest family plan.  You can look at the pricing online just as easily as anyone else here.

Does Google Voice work with push notifications for texting so we can get the cheapest texting plan?  Yes, download the free Google voice or GV Mobile+ (paid) app from the app store.  I use GVMobile+ all the time.

Do we both have to have data and messaging plans? A data plan is required for each smartphone on the account.  Data is not shared.  You do not have to have a texting plan.  If you wanted one, you would either get two individual texting plans ($10/month for 1000 texts) or the family texting plan($30/month unlimited).

Does anyone know if Verizon is cheaper or more expensive for a shared plan?  About the same price actually.  Don't buy based on price alone, buy based on COVERAGE in the areas where you will be using the device.

Thanks in advance!

Guru

• 

659 Messages

13 years ago

@PointyThings wrote:

What is the absolute least amount of money we can spend per month?

Does Google Voice work with push notifications for texting so we can get the cheapest texting plan?

Do we both have to have data and messaging plans?

Does anyone know if Verizon is cheaper or more expensive for a shared plan?

Thanks in advance!

1. I think the cheapest is about $59.99.

2. Yes, but any application you use will count against your data plan.

3. Yes, you each need either the $15 200MB data plan or the higher and recommended $25 2GB data plan. If you use an App and are planning to save money, get the higher data plan and use Google or Textfree for messaging. You can buy a shared unlimited messaging plan for $29 monthly, or buy individual messaging plans for cheaper. You are not required to have a messaging plan.

4. Verizon is about the same, but they require a higher $30 data plan, but it is unlimited, saving you money by not worrying about data overages and if you choose to use a messaging App over paying for a messaging plan.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

trust me on this iphones are great but so many other phones are much more for your needs trust me i hate my iphone 4s its limited in many areas, one phone thats great i have one love it is lumia 920 by nokia its voice prompt all that consider all options i guess im saying i was stuck with this phone and will never get another iphone androids or windows are the real deals please dont feel like its a left out thing i begged for an android couldnt be treated well enough

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.