For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
Krispers's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, February 24th, 2018 2:48 PM

Service and phone are getting worse

I have been an AT&T customer for just about 20 years or more, I have three phones on one account, we live in MI and our coverage seems to be getting worse every year! Our phones now are not holding charges and we get scattered Wi-Fi when we should be connected. This has been so frustrating as nobody seems to have a solution! I am thinking of switching to a different provider that can give us the service we are paying a high price for! Not happy at all, and when I did some research, I’m not alone! Also, calling customer service is no help when you cannot understand the person at the other end or your put on hold for 20minutes! Time for changes!

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

6 years ago

If you are having problems with the phone holding a charge, that’s a problem with the phone that needs to be taken up with the phone manufacturer.  That’s not AT&Ts problem.  If there is a problem with WiFi, that would only possibly be AT&Ts problem if it was AT&T WiFi, and even then it could be a phone problem, unless other devices also have problems connecting to the WiFi.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Krispers wrote:

I have been an AT&T customer for just about 20 years or more, I have three phones on one account, we live in MI and our coverage seems to be getting worse every year! Our phones now are not holding charges.  That isn’t an ATT wireless problem.  Either the phones are defective or old.

and we get scattered Wi-Fi when we should be connected.  Wifi?  Wifi is a function of your home internet, not your mobile network.  That’s a different problem, and different forum - internet.   If your internet has problems, you may need new equipment or a higher speed tier.  

This has been so frustrating as nobody seems to have a solution! I am thinking of switching to a different provider that can give us the service we are paying a high price for! Not happy at all, and when I did some research, I’m not alone! Also, calling customer service is no help when you cannot understand the person at the other end or your put on hold for 20minutes! Time for changes!

You might first actually define your problem.  Which I don’t think you have.  You also have to consider mobile network use is up considerably from just 5 years ago.  5 years ago about 20% of homes had dropped home phone for cellular.  Now it’s over 50%.  The amount of mobile data used in the USA in 2014 was DOUBLE what was used in 2013.  

At that time I was a Verizon customer.  As ATT was deteriorating I thought I had to go back.  I moved one line to Verizon.  Seems Verizon has also deteriorated.  

My conclusion is the cellular infrastructure hasn’t kept up with the increase in demand.

If you have a problem with ATT home internet, post your internet problem in that forum.

In all likelihood you need new equipment 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Our wifi is working properly, all three phones in different cities are having the same issue!

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

6 years ago

@Krispers: The fact that your phones not holding charges has nothing to due with AT&T! Most likely other causes, like batteries itself the problems, go to Apple. What type of iPhones do you have, and how old are they?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@Krispers wrote:

we get scattered Wi-Fi when we should be connected.

I do not know what scattered Wi-Fi means. When you should be connected to what?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Phones holding a charge could be do to the phone's setting and it working OT to find service. So I have been told.

Our iPhones phones are 3yrs old and will be getting battery replaced at an Apple Store-not a new ph yet.

I agree AT&T service has been going down.  I rarely can watch Netflix during prime times-constant buffering if I can get a signal. WI-FI is weak w/ signal losses.

Have been an AT&T customer for over 30 yrs. Calling AT&T, getting to the correct department and/or the correct "level"(who has the real decision making ability or tech help) is nothing under 20min and is absolutely maddening.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.