Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Sent the wrong phone?

Contributor

Sent the wrong phone?

The other day I filed an insurance claim to receive a replacement phone since I dropped my iPhone 6-Gold and it had cracked, they approved the claim after I payed $200 and sent me an iPhone 6s-Space Gray which isn't the color or phone I was told I'd be getting, I did pay the $200 and was hoping to atleast receive another Gold iPhone, would there be anyway to trade in the replacement phone and get a gold replacement iPhone instead?
Message 1 of 8
Contributor

Re: Sent the wrong phone?

The reason they didn't send you the iPhone 6 gold is because they don't have it in stock with the refurbished phones. If I were you I would just keep the iPhone 6s space gray due to it will have way better resell value in the future.
Message 2 of 8
ACE - Sage

I agree, they didn't have a gold phone to send you.  

I don't agree it effects resale value positively.  

Since the the color is covered by a case (or should be - insert motherly tone of disapproval if you don't case your phone ).  It really wouldn't matter.  

While you are supposed to get the same color, it can only be honored if they have it.  Sorry.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 8
ACE - Expert

The 6s will have a greater resale value than the 6 because it is a newer model. Maybe not a lot, but it will have greater value.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8
ACE - Sage

I totally missed the newer model note...

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 5 of 8
Contributor

I just got sent a replacement and it's white/gold instead of black/space gray! I want a gray one. 

Message 6 of 8
Contributor

I spoke with a young man att about a mobile phone a few days ago and after being on the phone for an hour he offered me a iPhone 6 for 1.00 in Gray. This was to be prepaid. I was given a new phone number. I didn't receive a iphone 6 I was sent a Samsung J3. I was told My phone would have a large screen instead I got a very small screen. I don't want this phone and refuse to keep it. 

Message 7 of 8
ACE - Sage

@Skyhaw

This was insurance?  What phone were you sending to Asurion?  Asurion doesn’t give out phone numbers, what the heck are you talking about ?   The J3 is not a “very small screen”.  If you are replacing a cheap android because that’s what was on your line, you got the right phone.

Please EXPLAIN

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support